1. To take an active role in their children’s education and in the life of the school.
This means talking to the child each day and being well informed about personal and educational progress; helping with homework tasks when necessary but not doing homework for your child.
2. To communicate regularly and in a polite, collegial manner with the school.
This means responding in a timely manner to school communications, attending all required school meetings and conferences, behaving in a respectful way towards all school staff, and communicating any concerns to the teacher or school administration in a polite manner and at an appropriate time of day.
3. To abide by all current and future school rules and policies as determined by the board and administration.
This means helping your child accept and learn from their mistakes or misbehavior and supporting SWIS to ensure the good educational and personal progress of your child.
4. To take full responsibility for the payment of fees.
Even when fees are paid by a company or other organization, parents have the ultimate responsibility to ensure that fees have been paid in a timely manner; otherwise, late payment penalties may be incurred.
5. Photos of students may appear in school publications, newspapers and other advertisements, brochures, and on the website. Parents who do not want their child to appear in such media must notify the admission office in writing.
If parents are not able to act according to the above guidelines, they may be asked to withdraw their child from school.
6. It will be the responsibility of applying families to ensure that reference forms are returned to the school in a timely and confidential manner.
7. Any misreported or unreported information in this application may result in the student’s placement offer being rejected or, if already accepted, being asked to withdraw. Documents submitted with this application will not be returned.